Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baby Bernard



Well, it's official!!  We have to grow up--a little bit.  Baby Bernard will be making it's debut on August 11 (give or take a few days).  Tristan and I are thrilled and are so thankful to have the support of friends and family.  We couldn't be more excited to welcome the first of our children to our family.  Our family were the first to know--we told them on Christmas day and they, of course, are ecstatic.  My dad even cried (my mom was too busy screaming!).  Tristan's mom is also very excited to add more grandchildren to her family.  We are so glad that everything turned out well with the breast biopsy that I underwent in December.  That is actually how we found out I was pregnant.  As part of my pre-admission process they took a blood test to make sure they could put me under and it turned out I was pregnant.  Fortunately it all worked out I was able to be out for the surgery.  The lump came back as being nothing to worry about--an abnormal fibroid, but NOT cancer.  Which was a double blessing, since Baby Bernard was already baking in the oven!!  We had our first appointment about 2 weeks ago and got to check him/her out...it even did a little dancing around for us while we were watching.  No wonder that heart rate was up so high.  Thankfully I am feeling much better.  After being super sick over the holidays it feels good to eat normally again.  Check out baby's first pictures!!


8 comments:

Robin D said...

Look at that cute little peanut! I'm sure that was so exciting for both of you. That 202 days will be here before ya know it. And best of luck being big and pregnant during the middle of the summer in Louisiana! :)

Brandon and Jennie said...

That is one cute baby! I love it. I'm super happy for you.

Holly said...

Congratulations on your first ultrasound! Ultrasounds are so much fun.

Jill Britt said...

Congratulations! I am excited that your baby will only be one month behind ours and that you will be big pregnant with me!

Lisa and Aaron said...

Your cute little jelly bean! Congrats again! And yes, being big and prego in the summer will suck but it's well worth it! :)

becs said...

I finally got my identity to work. I just wanted to say that Bec Bec can't wait for Baby Squishy to get here. That's going to be one spoiled little peanut!

Cherie' said...

It is so cute and tiny! We couldn't be happier for you guys! Maybe it will be born on Jacksons birthday August 9th.

Todd & Monica Knighton said...

Congratulation!!! So exciting. We will have a baby during the same time. Maybe we can swap stories.