Well, it only took the work of half the ward and 3 months after Ethan was born, but we finally completed his room! Tristan and I had spent a long time trying to decide on furniture before the fire...which is not unusual for us! We take a long time to think through what will be the best functionality-wise and price wise and I, of course, want something cute!!! After the fire, having Ethan's room completed was my top priority. I wanted to be able to have someplace to retreat to and enjoy our first child. My friend, Becky, referred to it as wanting a "little piece of Heaven"...Well, my good friends here in Louisiana had a very special baby shower for us. As a part of the many surprises that day, they had taken up a collection from friends and family and replaced all of the furniture we had ordered, and when I say replaced, I mean they ordered it online and it was on it's way by the time I had my shower! They had also purchased my new bedding I had picked out and a lot of the other baby supplies we had already purchased. What a blessing it was! Tristan and I reflect on the experience often and I tell him that even though it was hard it didn't seem THAT hard. We know the reason for that is that our friends and family came to our aid and helped to bear our burdens...we truly know now what it means to have our load lightened. We are so grateful for the planning, sacrifice and love that went into completing this special room. I love it....it looks out to a green belt and is so peaceful! Thanks to those who helped us during our trial. This armoire was one of our shower gifts. We use it to hide our office stuff since we don't have another room to put it in now.
This is the crib that actually ended up being ordered 3 times in order to finally have it!! We really wanted it and it was a great price, so it was worth the wait! The bedding was another shower gift. I just HAD to have the mobile and the curtains, so I ordered them. It's a good thing, too, because Ethan LOVES his mobile. You put him under it and it's instant smiles!
The hamper and side table were also shower gifts...we are using the hamper to store stuffed animals for now since we don't want to ruin it with nasty, dirty clothes. You can kind of see all of the greenery out of his window.
1 comment:
It looks adorable. I love the elephants!
Post a Comment