Sunday, June 20, 2010

Here comes TROUBLE!!!

I really have to update this more frequently so my posts aren't so long!! But this little guy keeps me VERY busy! He is busy, busy, busy! He is constantly moving and doesn't want to just sit in a lap anymore! He is super curious about everything and if I walk out of a room to go to the bathroom, answer the phone or anything else, I never know what I'll find! On this occasion, I returned to find that he had pulled apart his changing table and dumped it all out on the floor. What a mess!
Sometimes when I'm in the middle of changing his clothes I'll have to run and go get something. Usually I'll return to find that he has started taking off his diaper...not good!
One morning he woke up, but he was just babbling away happily in his crib, so I stayed in bed for a little while longer. When I went to go get him, I found out he had been chewing on his crib! It's really only been since his two top teeth started coming in that he's been doing this, but he chews on all of the furniture!
We find that keeping him busy is often the best bet! I'm so glad that we have access to a pool at our apartment and ever more happy that we have a water baby on our hands!! Here we are, getting ready to go to the pool!

Not diggin' the sunglasses OR the hood!
We weren't able to get a good picture to prove it, but Ethan LOVES the water! Be it a bath or a pool he is in 7th Heaven! The first time we got in the pool he acted just like he does in the bath tub--only larger! It was so bright that he was too busy squinting to smile on this day. But he really does laugh and splash like crazy! This is actually his second trip to the pool...we went earlier that week with our friends Drew and Grayson, but this was his first time with Dad!


Ethan loves bath time. When I go in and get the water started he will crawl at full speed toward the bathroom! This has it's drawbacks also...bath time has become another time for trouble! I will walk out for just a second to grab something for bath or for after bath and I never know what I'll find. You can see in this picture that he has discovered the joys of toilet paper...Needless to say, our toilet paper rolls are out of commission for now!
Don't you just hate it when it sticks to your foot? :)
Again, while getting ready for bath...Ethan decided to get a head start on taking his diaper off!
Here he is checking out the tub to make sure we're preparing it correctly!
Those bubbles sure look interesting!
You can't do anything without him noticing these days. He wants to be in on the action all of the time. The landscapers were here mowing the lawns and he was riveted as they drove back and forth by our patio!
He has really gotten a lot better about finger foods, which means that if he finds anything on the floor he thinks it IS finger food!! I vacuum almost everyday! He's all about Cheerios right now!
It seems like everyday he learns a new "trick"! So while I was doing this (Girl's Camp--and yes, I am rockin' a side pony with my girls!)...
...Ethan was doing this! He will stand on his own for 30 seconds or so (or until he realizes he is standing on his own). Once he realizes he's not holding on to anything he either grabs something really quickly, or he slowly squats down to the ground. It's amazing how quickly things happen! I was only gone for 2 nights!!! I'm so glad Tristan thought to get pictures!
He now understands that just because he can't see it, doesn't mean that it isn't there. So we finally had to put child locks on the kitchen and bathroom cupboards. I was hoping he would just never get interested in them, but I think that was wishful thinking! We left a few of the cupboards open so he could entertain himself while we cooked. So often I find myself wondering, "Why buy toys?"
BUSTED!!!
His latest "trick" is pushing things around the house...I'm wondering if this stems from his dad pushing him around in that tupperware bin...

He really liked pushing the laundry basket around because he could stand up and push it!

I have a funny feeling that he will be walking before we know it--then he will REALLY be trouble!!

2 comments:

Allisha said...

Cute pictures!!! He's getting so big!! We can't wait to see you guys soon and have some play dates. I think the boys will have so much fun together!! Miss you lots!!

Jill Britt said...

He sure is busy! We'll be looking forward to a playdate when we get back!