Thursday, December 16, 2010

Halloween (Finally!)

Yes, I know there are only 9 days until Christmas...but I have to post Halloween pictures! If for no other reason so our parents can see Ethan's costume. So here goes:

I was looking forward to Halloween all year with the hopes of an elephant costume for Ethan. My friend, Robin, made it a reality and I couldn't wait until Trunk-or-Treat at church to see him run around in it. This is how that morning started:

Ethan found my hot chocolate leftovers in the garbage and indulged a little...
How can you be mad at this face?
We headed over to the Trunk-or-Treat later that evening. For some reason he always has no expression in moments like these...but I promise you he was having a blast!
I loved how his little tail looked whenever he bent over...what a cute little man!
I finally caught him when he stopped moving!!!

We had to take a moment to get a picture with his good buddy, Drew. They are both sooo tired by this point!
His "I'm tired" face after a long night of trunk-or-treating
We had a pretty low-key evening on Halloween. We went to church in the morning and spent the afternoon with Becky at our apartment. We had painted pumpkins earlier in the month, but needed to put the finishing touches on Ethan's pumpkin still. So my brilliant idea was that we should put Ethan's handprint on his pumpkin this year...I would NOT recommend it. It was super messy and didn't work out that well, but we tried!
Becky joined us for the festivities (I'm pretty sure he's pointing to his pumpkin here).
Family pumpkins--2010
We decided to dress him up again and let him run around the apartment complex a little. He is so excited to be an elephant (or to be outside...but I'm guessing he's excited to be an elephant)!
By the time we tried to take a family photo Ethan was tired, hot (the joys of Fall in the south--random hot days) and didn't want to sit still. Oh well, maybe next year!
Feeding dad a mummy dog
Ethan loved carrying his pumpkin around
Ethan showing off his pumpkin
A busy day calls for a BIG drink of water! He loves drinking out of the straw on my water bottle.
Halloween was lots of fun and we look forward to many more celebrations as a family!

No comments: