I've always heard about the St. Patrick's Day parades down here, and I love parades. So this year we decided to take Ethan to his first parade. I was a little worried that he wouldn't like them, but overall he had a great time. It was a beautiful day and we met Jill, Drew and her parents to take in the fun! They found a great spot that was under the shade of a tree, so we had protection from the sun, plus we stayed a little cooler.
Ethan wearing some of his loot

Jill and Drew

Well, at least they are in the same frame...it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get two toddlers to look at the camera at the same time!

Tristan trying to catch some loot from the floats

I think this is the time I got hit in the face with beads, since I was holding the camera and not getting ready for the catch!

Ethan with Jill...He loves Jill. She is his nursery teacher at church, so he spends 2 hours every Sunday with her, not to mention that we see each other a lot on our play dates. He typically warms up to men more than women, but Jill is a rare exception!

Jill's mom and dad were nice enough to let us use one of their bags for all of our loot...you can tell we aren't from here because we came a little unprepared for all of the prizes!
Digging in his bag of catches for something fun

A rare shot of me and Ethan (I'm working on getting more!!)

By the end of the parade, Ethan found a permanent roost on dad's shoulders. He's been into wearing sunglasses lately, but somehow always manages to put them on upside down!

It was a great day and we ended it with a last minute BBQ at the Britt's. I'm glad that Ethan loves parades as much as I do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment