Sunday, May 15, 2011

Random Silliness

One thing about having a little boy is that there is always some sort of busyness or silliness happening (unless, of course, they are having a terrible-twos-temper-tantrum, but that is a topic for a whole other blog post!). We have been enjoying having a membership to the Baton Rouge Zoo, especially since it is so close to our apartment. About 2 weeks ago we headed out on a rainy day to visit the animals. I would rather go to the zoo on a slightly chilly, low-humidity, rainy day than a sunny hot one any day--especially in Louisiana!

Checking out the baby Rhino
As you will see in the next picture, they have a large, marble globe that is kind of like a fountain. Ethan loves, loves, loves it and has to stop and play with it every time we are there. Just look at the excitement in those eyes!

Being silly running through mud puddles...back and forth, back and forth...
This silliness is partly his dad's doing...

Chillin' with a bubble mohawk

For some reason, Ethan loves to take out the garbage. Our apartment complex picks up our trash from our buildings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday if you take it out to the front. He loves dragging the bag (we don't usually have two) out there! Let's hope he continues to enjoy this later in life!
Ethan loves to go out to the pond and visit the ducks, turtles and geese. One day I sent some bread out with Tristan and Ethan to feed them. Here Ethan is holding up a piece of bread to a bird that had flown away. I guess he chased it for a good while before he gave up!
One day after I got home from Sam's I walked out of the kitchen into the dining room to find this: the leaning tower of groceries. Ethan loves playing with his blocks and stacking them and these grocery items must have seemed just like big blocks to him!
That same day while I was doing laundry, he came out to help me after his nap...and decided climbing in the dryer was a good idea. What a silly boy!
One thing's for sure: if you have a boy in your home, there's no shortage of entertainment! We love our silly boy!

2 comments:

Allisha said...

I love your silly boy too! I can't wait to see him in person soon! Just think of the mischief that our boys can get into together :)It's gonna be so fun!!

Kristine and Philip said...

Hey Jodi! Is a move to Washington in the plans anytime soon and a new baby on the way? I just looked at Allisha's blog and now yours and am putting 2 and 2 together, but not sure if it's really 4 or not! Love your pictures of Ethan! What a cutie. = )