Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mother's Day

Tristan was gone for Mother's Day this year, but I was still adequately spoiled! He came home the day before he left for work with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me. I love having a vase of fresh flowers on my table! Then on Saturday, this edible fruit bouquet arrived from my mom and dad. Just perfect for a pregnant mommy, and it was a great no-work breakfast for me and Ethan the next morning! There was also a balloon, but Ethan wouldn't let that out of his sight for me to include it in the picture. For weeks before that he had been keeping his eyes on the helium balloons at any store we went to. He was sooooo excited when the delivery person arrived and practically pulled he bouquet out of his hands for me in order to get to the balloon. He had been kind of fussy that day, and the balloon was the perfect entertainment for him and kept him happy for the rest of the day. I doubt my mom and dad knew what a great gift that balloon would be, but it was just what I needed! On Sunday, Ethan and I spent a low-key day at home. After church we both napped and played for the rest of the day!

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a mother and love this job more than any other I've ever had. It has brought many challenges to me, but also more rewards than I've ever known!

No comments: