Monday, December 12, 2011

Halloween

I had lots of fun ideas in mind for Halloween, but they were foiled by the fact that both boys were still not feeling well after several weeks of runny noses and coughs. So we started off our day getting ready for a trip to the doctor's office! We did our best to get into the spirit of the holiday, though!

Good morning from my 2 little monsters!

We had an early lunch, since our appointment fell right at lunch time. Yummy mummy dogs were on the menu!
Carter was flashing lots of cute smiles despite the fact that he had to be feeling yucky!
Our trip to the doctor's office revealed that both Ethan and Carter had an ear infection and Ethan also had a sinus infection...so we were off to Target to pick up antibiotics. I was already on antibiotics due to mastitis, so it was truly a scary Halloween around our house--especially since Tristan was out of town so I was on my own! By the time we got home, we were all exhausted. Ethan looked so pitiful curled up in this chair!
Carter was passed out, too!
By the evening, we all had a little more energy. I got the boys into their costumes and ready to make the rounds! Ethan was a construction worker, but wouldn't wear his plaid shirt, tool belt or goggles...I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money on a costume for him this year! Carter wore Ethan's giraffe costume from when he was a baby.

First stop was Grandma Bernard's house. Aunt Desiree was on her way out the door but we snapped a quick picture with her before she left. Notice Ethan's costume is already off!
Grandma Bernard made a Halloween feast including this Pizza-filled snake...
and a goblin cheese ball with chips.
This was the best we could do for a picture...Ethan was running wild! He went out to visit a few neighbors and get some loot with Grandma Bernard...I didn't get to go with him so I don't have any pictures of it, but I heard he had a great time!
Next stop was to Grandpa and Grandma Walker's house. Ethan did a little better for the picture there. Maybe it's because he was a little more tired!
My sweet little pumpkin ready to head home after a busy day
We were sad Tristan wasn't here to celebrate with us, but we made the most of the day despite him being gone and all of the illnesses running wild at our house. It's crazy to think that next year I will have two crazy boys running around!

No comments: