Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

Tristan was working over Christmas. It was lame. Very, very lame. But, I was grateful that I had family nearby. We visited with Tristan's mom, sisters and brother (and his wife) on Christmas Eve. It was nice for Ethan to see his Uncle Kelsey who was here visiting from Idaho (they go to BYU Idaho). Then we came back here and settled in for Santa's arrival. I was horrible this year...we didn't even bake anything for Santa. I was just a little overwhelmed since Carter was still really colicky at that point. But, fortunately, several people had baked for us, so we shared with Santa! He got some of our yummy rice krispie treats a friend brought us--and milk, of course! I did have carrots, so we left those for his reindeer.

Here's the table for Ethan to find in the morning. Milk gone, rice krispie treat mostly eaten and carrots gone! They must have been hungry! ;)
Ethan is just starting to really get into trains. So Santa had to bring Ethan a choo choo! Here it is, all set up (and that's the really cool car garage that Grandma Bernard got him in the background).
We had church that morning so I had to wake him up early for that...poor kid was so tired!
All of a sudden he realizes...."Wait--is that a choo choo?"
He was still so tired that he just went and laid by it for a few minutes. Ethan had also been going on and on about how Santa was going to bring him some candy canes. So I had to scrounge some up for him!
Starting to get a little more energy, but still too tired to hold his head up without his hand supporting it!
Now we're rolling! Ethan loved this train set and the neat thing was that his Aunt Tiffany got him a duplicate, so he has twice as many pieces to have a huge track!
We joined Tristan's mom and sisters at church and then headed to my parent's house for breakfast and gifts with them. I never got them in their church clothes, but Ethan is still half dressed!
Ethan was being so silly! He kept wanting to lay on Carter's lap (with a leopard print snuggy)!!
Enjoying his big-boy bike
The big hit this year was a soccer ball that Tristan found for him. He loved (and still loves) it. He kept throwing it all around and jumping and running after it. You gotta love how the simple things are so entertaining!
My brother and his wife came for dinner and we were spoiled with prime rib and baked potatoes. After dinner we did baths and made the trek home. It was a wonderful day to remember the gift that our Savior is to us and to celebrate with our loved ones. It's hard to believe that next year I'll have two little kids running around!

No comments: