At the end of June, summer finally hit. We had a major heat wave. One Saturday we decided to join the Marlatt's up at the Norpoint sprayground. We made a trip up there last summer and both boys really enjoyed themselves so I figured it would be the perfect way to get out of the HOT house. Carter didn't love getting sprayed, so he kind of stayed out of the water. But fortunately, Norpoint also has a couple of great play areas.
Carter playing at the toddler play area
He even ventured over to the big-kid playground to play for a bit.This spinning toy was a big hit with all the kiddos this year.
Eventually they all figured out that they could lay down and hold on for a fun ride, too!
Ethan, of course, really enjoyed the water. He has always been a water baby. I didn't get to get in much because I was keeping an eye on Carter, but he enjoyed running around on his own and playing with the Marlatts.
At one point, Carter refused to even hang out over on the play areas and wanted to explore over by the bathrooms. I'm pretty sure he found a bug that he was checking out here.
More silliness in the water
Dylan and Ethan
We actually ended up going back up a few days later with Kelly and Anderson because it was another crazy-hot day. But I didn't get any pictures because Carter literally threw a tantrum for the first 30 minutes we were there. I think he remembered that this was the place he got sprayed! Eventually he calmed down and was at least willing to play in the play areas for a bit. Ethan was even brave and went on the big-kid zipline. We had a great time and this is definitely a warm-weather favorite for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment