After talking it up all summer long, the first day of preschool finally arrived. We drove by the elementary school pretty often and always talked about how that would be where he was going to school and he was really excited for it to start. A week before school started we went to the open house and Ethan cried when we had to leave so I figured he would love it. He goes 4 days a week in the afternoon, which has worked out really well for our family. He gets dropped off just in time for me to put Carter down for his nap and then I can wake Carter up just in time to go pick Ethan up again. I'm hoping this provides maybe a little time for me to nap when new baby arrives! A girl can dream, right??? :)
Getting ready to go--look at that smile!
Hammin' it up for the camera!Poor Carter wanted to be included so bad. He kept wandering around with our church backpack on and wanted to be in all of the pictures. For the first few days Carter insisted on going to drop Ethan off and also insisted on wearing his backpack. The first day Carter even wore the backpack into the building so we could go turn some paperwork in. He wants to be just like Ethan!
Picture with mom!
Carter wanted to get one with Dad.
Showing off his backpack that he picked out all on his own
The night before school Ethan helped me make these fun cupcakes for an after-school treat the next day.
He loved his first day and told us 3 times in the 5 minute car ride that he had a great day. Here he is enjoying his snack and saying, "PRESCHOOL!"
Carter also enjoyed getting a special treat at the end of the day.
I guess that's one way to eat a cupcake!What a yummy, sticky, mess!
I'm so glad that Ethan is enjoying preschool. I really wanted him to have something that made him feel like a big kid and that was his own special thing to go and do. I'm excited to see how he grows and progresses through this first year of school!

No comments:
Post a Comment