Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Arrival of Ashton Reid Bernard--9/20/2013

After EAGERLY awaiting the arrival of our newest little man, he finally decided he was ready to come into this world!!  Introducing:

Ashton Reid Bernard
September 20, 2013     8:04 a.m.
8 lbs. 5 oz., 20.5 inches long

 I woke up around 4 that morning with what I thought was a Braxton-Hicks contraction so I went back to sleep.  Another painful contraction woke me up around 6 so I decided to take a shower and make sure I had my stuff in order just in case.  By the time I was done showering I told Tristan I thought we had better call someone to come and head to the hospital.  I didn't want to cut it too close like I did with Carter.  We arrived at Capital Medical Center around 7 and checked in through the ER and they wheeled me up to my room.  I was at 5-6 cm at that point and in full-on, intense labor.  By 8:04 our little guy was here--even though our doctor wasn't.  She didn't make it in time--AGAIN.  I guess my babies just like being delivered by nurses!



 We spent a quiet afternoon at the hospital while Tristan went home to spend time with Ethan and Carter and take Ethan to preschool.  They came back around dinner time and that's when we had some visitors arrive!
 Grandma Bernard showed up right about the same time as Tristan and the boys.  Look at that happy grin from a proud big brother!
My mom and dad showed up shortly afterwards.  Carter was equally excited and was all smiles while Papa Walker took his turn holding him, too.
 K.K. and Anderson also arrived right about that time, so we had a full house!  Ashton sure knew he was loved!
 Finally a picture with my little man!  I was pooped by that point!

 Our new little family--that's not so little any more!  We will need a bigger bed if we have any more kids!
 The boys wanted a chance to hold their brother and both did a great job.
 Carter was so quiet, calm and still while he held him--which is not at all like Carter!  Both boys love their little brother so much already.
 Eventually everyone needed to go get on with their Friday night, so my parents went and got me dinner while Tristan took the boys home to help get them down for the night.  He got back to the hospital around 9 and we settled in for the night.  We had a late visit from the pediatrician, who wrote up his discharge papers.  Ashton did really well and we were all set to head out first thing the next morning.

All ready to head home to our family!
 It's hard to believe that our THIRD little boy is here with us now after anticipating his arrival for the last 9 months!  We are so glad to have him here with us and can't wait for the fun and craziness that is to come!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

You are just so beautiful. Way to go, Mama!

Brandon and Becca said...

You do not look like you just had a baby. Congrats! Looks like another adorable Bernard boy.

Jill Britt said...

I'm so excited for ya'll! I hope that you are getting some rest among all of the newborn craziness. I hope that Presley will be as sweet to her little brother as Carter is.