It seemed like everybody was kind of up in the air about their Thanksgiving plans, so I decided to be crazy and offer to host Thanksgiving this year--with a newborn baby....Luckily, I delegated and had a lot of help from family and it ended up working out great. I had relatively little that I was responsible for cooking. That meant I still got to enjoy my morning with my family watching the Macy's parade and could accomplish what I needed to do on commercial breaks. ;) I was really appreciative of everything everyone did to help out.
The table all set for the feast
Grandma Bernard brought some fun treats to keep the kids busy while we finished getting dinner ready:We had attempted these Oreo turkeys earlier in the month but I forgot to buy double stuff Oreos and they didn't work very well. I was glad the boys got the chance to make them again. :)
They also made some gumdrop turkeys.
Carter with his gumdrop turkey
Ethan is obviously super thrilled about Oreos--he'll tell anyone that will listen how much he loves chocolate. Especially Oreos.
Enjoying the fruits of their labor
Aunt Desiree being entertained by the crazy boys
I found these fun turkey crafts at Michael's so the boys did them as well. It was kind of tedious work for Carter's little fingers, but luckily he had Grandma for a helper!
My mom, dad and brother also came, but between dinner, clean up and crafting I just didn't do well taking pictures this year. Oh well, I guess that means I can only do better next year! :) We were grateful to get to spend time with both sides of our family for Thanksgiving this year and for the fun memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment