Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wrapping Up February

These are just some funny pictures of Ashton adapting to solid foods...


 Followed by the, "I'm really fine" look.
 Over President's Day weekend I spent my first night(s) away from Ashton.  My friend, Jenn, flew in from Utah for the weekend and Jaci, Kelly, Jenn and I went to Portland for a few nights to shop, eat, laugh and pamper ourselves in our hotel room.  It's always hard to do that first time away, but it was really nice to recharge.  Plus, it's a lot easier to leave when I know they are with Tristan.  I had a great time, but was very excited to come home to my sweet boys.
 The first news I got after I walked in the door was that our landlord had decided to sell the rental we were living in.  It wasn't totally unexpected.  He had sent us a letter in January offering to sell the home to us, so we thought something might be up.  So that left us with a little over a month to find a house, pack and move--half of which time Tristan would be gone.  We were blessed to find a new rental practically across the street from our old neighborhood.  The kitchen is my favorite part!
 I did as much packing as I could while Tristan was at work and we had about a week to do more when Tristan got back home.  I was able to get quite a bit moved on my own while he was gone.  I would make small trips in our car and drop stuff off at the house and then every few days bring the boys to the new house and put a DVD on the computer for them.  Then I could unpack what I had moved while Ashton napped or played on the floor with the boys.  They loved coming over to the empty house and playing.  But as always, not matter how early you start, a move is always crazy.  We were so grateful for the help from our friends from church who made it happen, despite some rain.  I was also grateful for the help I had getting the old house cleaned up for move out.  We are very blessed to have the support we have!
 Ashton playing at the new house
 We kept busy at our old house as well.  Ashton learned how to roll over amidst all the packing and juggling.

 And he continued to explore solid foods.  One of his favorites was bananas in the mesh feeder.
 Every time I take a picture of Ashton, Carter wants me to take on of him as well, so here's Carter's picture!
 Messy boy!
 And the obligatory picture of Carter to follow.  LOL!
February definitely had some twists and turns in it, but I guess that's what keeps life interesting, isn't it?

1 comment:

Jill Britt said...

Those first food pictures are hilarious! I'm so glad that you have not abandoned your blog. I love seeing your boys grow even though I haven't met 2/3 of them!