Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Latest Milestone: Crawling!

Right around 9 months old, Ethan REALLY began to crawl. For a couple of weeks before that he had been doing "the inch worm". That's my term for his mode of transportation, at least! He would lay flat on his tummy and use his feet and forearms to push and pull himself forward. Then he would bring his knees up under himself and start the whole process all over again! It was so funny to watch him, just like a little caterpillar! But now, oh boy! He is full on crawling. One night after his bath he was on a mission--crawling all over his room to get at everything!


It's so funny to listen to him when he knows exactly where he's going...I'll leave the room and hear him just giggling and laughing and when I peek back into the room I'll find that he's following me and very excited about the fact that he can!

He loves to play with the door stops in our apartment. I had to take all the white caps off of the ends because he can get them off and I worry about him putting them in his mouth. The other night before bed he all the way across the room to get to this one and play with it. I'm not sure why I bother with buying toys...he seems to make toys out of anything these days!!

2 comments:

Jill Britt said...

I can't wait to see Ethan crawl everywhere! It's so fun keeping up with these busy boys! We need to get together soon, maybe next week?

Brandon and Jennie said...

I guess hanging out with Drew paid off! He wanted to get around too.