Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

So since I am so behind on my blogging, I am going to start with the most recent events and work my way back...you know, putting off the hard stuff until later! On Sunday, I celebrated my first Mother's Day. I was kind of disappointed that Tristan was working but was able to spend the morning at church and the afternoon and evening with my dear friend, Elizabeth. Since we were both husband-less for the day it was a perfect date! It was also nice to spend time together since she is preparing to move to Texas in the next week. We let the kids play together and made dinner. It's so fun to watch Ethan now that he is crawling around and able to play with other kids. He is fascinated with anything the older kids are doing and wants to get into anything and everything within reach! The girls seemed to enjoy having Ethan around also. I hope he doesn't get spoiled by being surrounded by girls and expect his whole life to be like that! I asked Elizabeth to take a picture to commemorate my first celebration of Mother's Day:

How wonderful it was to finally understand the joy of being a mother on Mother's Day...Now I understand why moms never ask for a whole lot as far as gifts go on this special day: our children are the best gifts we could ask for.

1 comment:

Jill Britt said...

Sorry you were husbandless for mother's day. That just means you'll need to celebrate again this weekend! That's a great picture of you & Ethan! You look great & Ethan's smile is the best!