I'm going to apologize in advance that this post is really long. But I realized that with a month to go until our new little one arrives, I better get caught up quick! Tristan left at the end of June to head back to Louisiana for a whole month and Ethan and I stayed with my parents. For the most part, we were pretty low-key and stayed close to home. We did squeeze in a few playdates and trips to the library, but mostly entertained ourselves in grandma and grandpa's back yard!
There were a few firsts while Tristan was gone for the month. Ethan went potty on the potty! This wasn't the time that he did, just an attempt, but one night he was successful!!!
One of my good friends from high school came to visit from Utah with her three kids. So Kelly and I went out to her parents' lakehouse for a visit. It's so funny to hang out again now that we're no longer high schoolers and we all have kids. This was the best shot I could get of our three boys that are all the same age: Ethan, Anderson and Jensen!
I'm not going to lie...it was a loooooong month that Tristan was gone. You name it, we had issues with it. Behavior, eating, sleeping...by the time he got home I was beat. But I was looking forward to some family fun once he returned!
We found out that both of the major zoos in our area honored our Baton Rouge Zoo membership, so that meant we can get into them for free! We were so excited because we love going to the zoo. We headed up to Point Defiance Zoo one beautiful morning for a family field trip. First stop was a new play area next to the lemurs and meerkats. These were the otter slides.
The baby clouded leopard cubs are the rage at the zoo right now, so we stopped by to visit them.
I guess this camel was hoping that if it layed in the sun taking a nap, they wouldn't make it get up and give the camel rides!
This is a life sized mural of the polar bears...that is a biiiiiiiig bear!
Tristan is really good about getting some one-on-one time in with Ethan when he's home. One day he decided to take Ethan to a park that is within walking distance from our apartment while I went grocery shopping. From the pictures it looks to me like Ethan had a grand ole' time!!!
At the beginning of August Thurston County (read Thurston Parish for all of my Southern peeps ;)) has a fair and we decided to take Ethan. It has traditional fair food and a few rides, but the main attraction are the animals and agricultural displays. We knew this would be right up Ethan's alley and decided to take him. Right from the start he loved it...we parked in the free parking and rode the "shuttle" a.k.a. school bus to the fair. Ethan loves buses, so he was thrilled! Then when we arrived, the first barn we walked in to had the tractor displays...I think Ethan thought he had died and gone to heaven!

No comments:
Post a Comment