Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Turning 2!!

O.k., seriously...
How does time pass so quickly that we can already have gone from this sweet newborn face...
to this smiling 2-year-old face?
Ethan's second birthday snuck up on us since we were busy moving in to our new apartment and because it was the same day as Tristan's brother's wedding. So we were busy all day trying to make all of the celebrations special! We started out here early that morning with a birthday breakfast and presents! Ethan has been really into tractors, lately and as you can see, he loved them on his wrapping paper!

Construction wall decals for his new room
New construction big-boy bedding since his little brother will be inheriting the elephants
And some new bath toys since his other ones got nasty inside...it's so funny to think back to last year when he wasn't interested in gifts at all!
The card got opened last, but he was still excited about the tractors and the tractor stickers!
We had chocolate chip pancakes and pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. Since we weren't doing a cake that day, I decided to stick a candle on it!
Making a wish!
After breakfast, we headed up to Bellevue for Kelsey's wedding at the Seattle Temple. I was so grateful that my mom and dad came up so we could still be with Ethan on his special day. They watched him outside while Tristan and I attended the sealing and then helped me with him while Tristan was busy with pictures. They were lifesavers and they were worn out by the day's end!

With Grandpa and Grandma at the Temple
He kept trying to hug the little girl that was on this statue...complete strangers were even taking pictures of it! It was so sweet!
Nicole and Kelsey coming out of the Temple
Walking the stairs
Ethan was NOT happy about taking this picture! But we at least tried!
Walking the stairs again. This time with Grandpa.
Eventually he wanted to get rid of the dress shoes that were really too small for him, but I made him squeeze into one last time. I know, I'm mean, but I really wanted him to wear his suit! He was loving putting his toes in the grass!
The reception was about an hour away, so we made a pit stop at Red Robin on our way there. I had a free birthday burger and Ethan had a free kid's meal to get so it was perfect! My mom and dad brought along his birthday card with cars on it and he was very interested!
Enjoying his birthday chocolate milk
They even came and brought us both birthday sundaes, birthday balloons and sang to us!
Me and my birthday boy
By the time we got to the reception I was too tired to take any pictures, but it was a beautiful reception and we were so glad to get to be a part of it. It was a special day for many reasons, but I was thankful to spend it with two of the most important people in my life...my two boys!!

No comments: