Our power finally went out around 2:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. After debating about what I wanted to do, my parents finally decided to come up and get me and the boys so we could go stay with them. Their power was out also, but they have a generator and a gas water heater so we would have a way to be clean, warm and fed. It was nice to see some other adults after a 24 hrs. cooped up by myself!
There was a lot of damage to trees all over the place. This is the large magnolia in my parents' backyard. It lost 2 rather large branches.

Some of the snow accumulation at my parents' house

Ethan was being silly and found my Dad's reading glasses and decided to wear them. I thought he looked so funny!

My parents have 5 Japanese Cherry Blossom trees along the side of their house. They completely lost the one up front and lost half of two of the others.

The branches were completely encrusted in ice. It was pretty, but so damaging to the trees!

The Japanese Maple in their front yard lost a large branch.

Ethan and I shared a fold out bed and Carter had a pack and play to sleep in. Ethan kept climbing in to lay with Carter. It was really cute!

Friday my dad went out to try to do some damage control. The snow was done, we just had to wait for it to go away and power to come back on. Here he was trying to get some of the snow and ice off of the branches to prevent any further breakage.

Ethan went out to get some fresh air, too. The snow was ice on top but snow underneath so he kept punching through the top layer and falling. Then he couldn't get footing to stand back up again. I felt so bad for him. I think he looks like a sad little seal pup in this picture!

Papa to the rescue!


Carter and I just snuggled up inside. Carter has gotten really roll-y poll-y and likes to put EVERYTHING in his mouth.

My parents regained power in the middle of the night on Friday. We got power later in the day on Saturday. I was grateful to be more comfortable at my parents' house, but I was glad to get home and settle in again! It was quite an adventure and the snow stuck around for weeks afterward. I was glad when we could start getting around normally again and things returned to a normal pace again!
No comments:
Post a Comment