Tristan had to fly out Wednesday morning to head back to work. The same Wednesday morning that the 12+ inches of snow was supposed to come...I was NOT looking forward to driving an hour to the air port and 3 a.m. in the horrible, snowy conditions with two kids in the backseat. Thankfully, our friend, Rich, offered to take him. Tristan stayed the night with them on Tuesday and they headed out around 7 the next morning (his flight ended up getting delayed). It took them almost three hours to make the normally one-hour drive and they saw multiple cars off in the ditch on the way up. I'm so glad I didn't have to make that drive (especially since we couldn't even get our car out of the parking lot). This was the scene on Wednesday morning when I woke up.

Since Carter wasn't too much of a fan of the cold, I got Ethan in his gear and let him play on the porch. Thankfully, there was enough accumulated snow on our porch to keep him entertained for a little while.


Later that afternoon, we had the pleasure of a front-row seat to some "tractor" action! This little Bobcat kept coming through to clear the snow in our parking lot, which was fascinating to Ethan!

Since we were all cooped up, I took the opportunity to take some 4-month pictures of this little man. He turned 4 months old right in the middle of the crazy snow.

Cheerful and happy!

Carter it obsessed with his tongue right now. He is constantly playing with it!


We also took advantage of being stuck inside to do some tummy time practice.

By the end of the day on Wednesday quite a bit of snow had collected on everything!

By Thursday morning, not only was it snowy but also incredible icy as well. In fact, the snow had a thick layer of ice over the top of it. You can see on the carports how saturated and heavy the snow was. There were actually 4 (maybe 5) carports in our apartment complex that collapsed due to the weight.

Trying to get a picture of the ice (about 1/4 inch thick) on top of the snow.

It has been so long since Western Washington has seen snow like this. I was bummed that Tristan left right as the fun was starting. Being snowed in would have been so much more fun with him here. But I was grateful that he got out and down to Louisiana o.k. His flight was one of the last ones that got out that morning, so I'm thankful for his safety--and friends who helped us get him there!
No comments:
Post a Comment