My life is filled with boys! The newest boy to come to our family is getting so big! I'm not going to lie, Carter was a more-than-average high maintenance baby. Our doctor pretty much confirmed that he was what would be described as a "colicky" baby, which was my worst fear. It was hard, I was overwhelmed when Tristan was gone and many tears were shed (and probably still will be). However, he turned a corner around the 4-month mark (almost to the day!). He eats better, sleeps better has less difficulty with his reflux and is really content most days. I love his sweet face and smile. I love how he literally hugs me when I pick him up in the morning and how he grabs the collar of my shirt when I'm rocking him. I feel the love multiplying in my heart for him each day. He is a down right sweetheart!

He is finally getting more comfortable on his tummy and will actually sleep that way now. We went through about a 2-week period that he would roll on to his tummy at night and wake up. I ended up having to go in about every hour to roll him back over and help him get to sleep again. That was a long 2 weeks!

Having a house full of boys means lots of mayhem a lot of the time! Tristan was pulling the two boys around on the sled one day around the apartment...it was quiet a scene!

Life in the big boy bed is about the same. Six out of 7 nights Ethan is on the floor. You can't see him all that well in this picture, but he is right next to his crib on the floor. He chooses the floor most nights and we are fine with that as long as he gets good rest and stays in his room at night. So far, so good!

Another night on the floor...

Carter is enjoying more and more time being upright. Allisha lent us her Johnny Jump-Up and we put him in it every once in a while. I was bummed that the strap was in the way but you can see he is having a great time in it! He also really likes to be in his exersaucer for short periods of time.


He is forever putting EVERYTHING in his mouth. If he can't find something to put in, he'll put an a hand or foot or both in it!


Mmmmm...toe jam!

Ethan is as rowdy as ever. He loves getting out to run and play. Tristan took both boys to the park one day to walk some trails and Ethan had a great time climbing rocks.

Carter reportedly was a champ and enjoyed the view from the front-pack!

Apparently there was some nasty goo on the surface of the water. Ethan was having fun dipping his stick in it and saying, "Ewwwwww!"

One day Tristan and Ethan built a fort out of his bed while I was grocery shopping.


Brothers in the bath tub. For a while we tried it this way and Ethan would help us bathe Carter.

Brothers

Life is sure fun when it's filled with boys like these!
No comments:
Post a Comment