On Father's day this little cutie turned 9 months old...I can't believe that he's almost 1! You can see he got a little sunburned at the airshow the day before...I was a bad mom and didn't use sunscreen.
- It is rare for him to be fussy or clingy for no reason. He is starting to have some separation anxiety, but overall he does great.
- He stands for several seconds on his own and has one tooth that finally broke through.
- He is loving finger foods and will try anything that we put in front of him. Thankfully, he doesn't have the same sensitive gag reflex Ethan did.
- He LOVES Ethan and wants to be in the middle of everything Ethan is doing.
- He also loves baths. He will come crawling as fast as he can the minute the bath water is turned on.
- His sleeping is still hit and miss, but we are definitely on the good side of things. He's ready for bed by 7 most nights and usually sleeps until 7 in the morning. He might wake up once or twice but rarely needs more than a pacifier to go back to sleep. He still takes 2 naps a day--usually one around 9 and then another around 1 for about and hour or an hour and a half. Ethan always complains that he wants to play with Carter when I go to put him down. I'm glad they are good buddies!
We celebrated our "Super Dads" on Sunday morning before church since we don't meet until 1. Since things didn't work out to celebrate with my dad on Saturday we had my parents over for brunch on Sunday morning.
My mom and dad brought some super yummy pastries for us...maple bars are Tristan's favorite so I asked for some as a surprise for him.
I made a new recipe--this egg ring from Pinterest. It was actually really good and kept well for leftovers. I will definitely be keeping this in my recipe box!
Ethan and Carter before church (sorry about the lighting). Ethan refused to cooperate and get in the picture so Tristan is pretending to just have one son here. The boys got the tie he is wearing for him for Father's Day.
After dinner--beef stroganoff (another of Tristan's favorites)--we went over to the cemetary to visit Tristan's dad's grave with the boys. I finally snagged a pic of the 3 of them before we left.
Then we came home and had Key Lime Poke Cake for dessert and an early birthday celebration for Tristan.
It was a full weekend, but it was fun to spend so much time celebrating what a wonderful person and father Tristan is. I am so grateful for him and all he does to support our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment