Tristan was gone for the 4th of July again this year, but we stilled tried to pack it full of fun! The annual fireworks display that is done on the 3rd of July was right by our house this year so I was hoping Ethan and I would be able to see it from our yard. We stayed up watching a movie and around 10 headed out so see if we could see anything. No luck...now we know for next year!
The next day we got up early and got ready to go down and meet Kelly and Anderson at the parade in Tumwater. I still remember watching the parade down there with Ethan last summer when I was still pregnant! I can't believe a year has passed so quickly! The parade wasn't as great as last year, but luckily there were plenty of cars, trucks, emergency vehicles and tractors! That's all Ethan needs to be happy!
Carter did an awesome job--especially since it was well past his bedtime. He just sat in the grass and watched all the big kids play.
We had a good group that came out!
Allisha made awesome cupcakes. There was lime with strawberry frosting, dark chocolate mint with chocolate ganache filling and orange creamsicle (I hope I got it right). They were so yummy!!!
Skyler was being a total ham and modeling for me. I got one of him munching on his watermelon!
I had to put this in here because he was cracking us all up and trying to take pictures. His aim was pretty good on this one!
Carter still going strong as the night went on!
The fireworks started at 10:15 and we had a little bit of a walk to get to the viewing point. Luckily, Rich was our hero and went and roped off an area for us around 6 that morning so we had a GREAT spot waiting for us! Both boys stayed awake for the whole show and were total troopers. Carter never even cried during the fireworks--which I was sure he would! We didn't get home until well after 11, so it was definitely a late night!
We had a great 4th and look forward to being able to celebrate with Tristan next year, hopefully!!
No comments:
Post a Comment