Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Damon Point and Pacific Beach

Our friends Brian and Denise invited us to come to beach with them in July as well...man, July was a busy month!  We had a great time.  The weather wasn't the best we had had, but that's kind of how the beach goes in Washington!  We headed down to Damon Point when we first arrived and spent some time making a plan for the day.  

Seagulls in the surf


 Ethan and Caitlyn couldn't wait to break out the beach toys

 Carter's first trip to the beach!  He spent the first part of it snuggled up in the Ergo and taking in the sights.

Carter finally wanted down and started exploring this wet stuff we call "sand".  I expected him to hate it, but he actually did really well with it!

Digging in!

The first of, what will probably be many, brother pictures at the beach.

Ethan's turn to dig in!

Ethan and Tristan trying to get their feet stuck

Ethan watching the seagulls fly off after he ran over and scared them

 I love this crazy kid!

We found a little shrimp...too bad more of his buddies weren't around.  That would have been a yummy dinner!

Carter exploring the COLD water with dad--he didn't even get upset over the water.  He was a trooper!

Tristan and I are still debating who took these pictures of Ethan, but they are some of my favorite that I have of him.  What a cutie!



After playing for a bit, we packed up and drove out to Pacific Beach to play for a bit.  I put Ethan into his swimming clothes so we could get serious about playing!

Every time we go to the beach Ethan loves to push this dump truck.  He just runs up and down the beach pushing it.  It recently broke, so my dad is going to have to search some more garage sales to find another one for him!

Caitlyn running and playing

Ethan hitching a ride from Brian


For some reason, the sand was really green and staining everything, so I finally changed Carter and put him in the stroller for a bit.  He had been crawling around in it and was wet and getting cold.  I love this look on his face...it's like he's waiting for us to stop watching so he can plan his escape!

More fun getting stuck in the mud


 The waves are always so beautiful.
The beach is one of my favorite places.  I love the sand and the waves...I just wish we had a little more sun!  But we still had a great day playing, snacking and visiting friends!

2 comments:

Allisha said...

Fun pictures! You guys were brave playing in that water, it looked COLD!!

Jill Britt said...

That definitely does not look quite like beach pictures from around here. I love those pictures of Ethan, too. Keri Bonnette just got Drew a big CAT brand dump truck for a belated birthday present & he will not leave that thing alone! I can only imagine the fun he would have with it at the beach. Ya'll definitely need to do everything you can to make it California next summer to meet us! I'll message you some dates!