All summer I have been thinking about how grateful I am to be in a home rather than an apartment. We have had so much fun here as a family. I have felt so much more relaxed and more able to enjoy my time with my boys. Carter is growing so fast. He wants to be big like Ethan and is doing a pretty good job keeping up with him!
He is a MESSY eater. I know there are many things about parenthood that I will miss when my boys are grown and gone, but having to literally mop the floor after EVERY meal is not one of them--I am sure of that to my core! On the positive side, he is a good eater and not picky at all. Here's a picture of him enjoying dinner one night.
He has discovered the washer and dryer and is fascinated with them. He loves to watch it spin around and around.One day I went to go check on Ethan during quiet time because it had been a little TOO quiet for a bit. I walked in to find an empty bedroom. I started to panic, wondering where he could be. I searched his bed thinking maybe he was just balled up under the covers--nothing. Finally I looked in the closet because that was the only place left to look. Here is what I found:
Ethan had apparently crawled in there to play and fallen asleep. I was so relieved and was then able to laugh about it.
I love it when I catch little moments like this...they were looking at a book together and it was just so cute how they were sitting together.
One day I couldn't find Carter so I went back to my bedroom calling for him. He cam crawling out of my bathroom with toilet paper following him. He had made a huge mess, but I couldn't help laughing when he popped up with this look of accomplishment on his face!
We enjoyed going to our ward park playdates once a week. One week a sister in the ward brought a parachute and some balls to play with. Ethan loved it (he's wearing the read shirt with the blue and white stripes).
This pop up tunnel has been the center of our summer inside fun quite often. Ethan has always loved it and he and Carter have so much fun playing in it together. Carter loves it so much that he will crawl inside of it even when it is folded up. What a silly boy!
We have had lots of fun just being at home together this summer!

1 comment:
Carter is so cute and seems like he is full of personality. Presley is definitely moving in the direction of only wanting foods that she can feed herself which, unless I want her to live on puffs, means I will be doing a lot of cleaning! I'm glad ya'll have play dates there, too.
Post a Comment