Saturday, December 13, 2014

Carter's 3rd Birthday

Shortly after school started we had another birthday to celebrate!  This time it was Carter's turn.  He is finally reaching the age where he has things that he likes and talks about.  This year it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I don't know why.  He hasn't watched the cartoon, or the movies.  All I can guess is that he's seen commercials that he likes at my parents' house or something.  Lol.  Anyway, I decided to run with it for his birthday this year.



 He got to pick what he wanted for breakfast.  His choices were Fruit Loops, sausage and watermelon.  The breakfast of champions.  :)  The funny thing is that just the other day (3 months later) he asked me if I remembered having sausage on his birthday.  I'm glad that I let him choose because the fact that he remembers must mean it was important to him.
 I picked up this Ninja Turtle popcorn to snack on--the only thing special about it is the fact that there's a turtle on the bag.  But it was still a fun treat!
 There used to be a bounce house here in town that we would go to often to get out when Ashton was a baby.  Well, it closed down and he has talked about it non-stop since then.  Another bounce house has opened up and when I asked Carter what he wanted to do that was it.  So he got to choose a friend to invite and after Ethan got home from school we headed over to play.  Carter wanted to invite Skyler and Dylan, but since Skyler was in school only Dylan got to come.  But he was just as happy with that!

The boys had a blast playing.  It's actually a really great place.
 The boys loved "racing" down these bumpy slides.

 They burned some energy in the big bounce houses.
 Cody and Ashton had fun bouncing, too!
 Dylan braving it down the big slide
 Love these three boys!  I especially love how perfectly Ashton is saying "cheese" for the camera!
 We enjoyed some yummy ice cream for a treat while we took a break from playing.
 Birthday boy!
 Who needs a spoon on your birthday?
 Then it was back to playing.  The boys loved this zip line.
 Ethan even helped Carter across so he could do it, too.  It was really sweet.
 Carter loves to go "play" the video games.  He doesn't care that he isn't actually playing (or maybe he thinks he is?) but he likes to sit in the seats.  So I promised him we could go play for the last 10 minutes that we were there.

 Carter also got to choose what he wanted for dinner and he chose Ninja Turtle-shaped macaroni and cheese.  Later that night we invited grandparents over for cake and ice cream.  When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said he wanted strawberry cake.  I wasn't really sure what that meant, but it ended up that he wanted strawberry shortcake.  After the end of strawberry season.  It took me going to three stores, but I finally found some o.k. fresh strawberries.  Tristan was gone, so I cheated and bought an angel food cake at the store and just put a turtle figure in the middle for decoration.  What can I say? I got lazy.  ;)
 Make a wish!
 Enjoying some yummy birthday cake!
We had a fun day celebrating our big 3-year-old Carter!

No comments: