Washington is famous for having the best part of summer fall in August and September. This last summer was no exception. We had beautiful weather through most of the month of September. It was nice that Ethan got out half-way through the day so we could enjoy the warm afternoons together!
Carter didn't seem to have any trouble adjusting to Ethan being gone in the mornings. At first, Ashton was still napping so it was just he and I most of the morning. We had fun doing puzzles and other activities. Or he just enjoyed having all the toys to himself and playing whatever he wanted. Eventually Ashton dropped his morning nap, but now he and Carter do great playing together while Ethan is at school.
We squeezed in some more play time at my parents' house while the weather was still nice. The tree house my dad started last summer was finished and the boys LOVE playing in it.Even Ashton loves being up there--can you blame him?
We really enjoy playing in the water and on the swings at my parents'. I'm glad they have a nice big back yard to play in!
One night I went back to check on the boys before I went to bed to find that they had ended up in the same bed together. I thought it was so cute. These are the moments you realize they really do love each other. :)
Carter and I did painting and apple prints one morning while Ethan was at school.
I just love watching these boys get closer as they get older. It's so sweet to see how much Ashton looks up to his big brothers and desperately wants to do everything they do. And I love how willing the boys (usually) are to include him.
Ethan looks a little less happy here, but I wanted to include one that showed Carter, too. As he's gotten older he is noticeably sensitive about being left out. I love that boy!
I've said it once, I'll say it before. Washington is SO beautiful in the summer. It's warm, but not so warm you can't enjoy being outside. And the cool days are few and far between. I'm so grateful for the beautiful place we call "home"!!

No comments:
Post a Comment