It's so funny watching my little "pack" of two turn into a pack of three. Ashton always wants to be in the mix of whatever the older boys are doing. When Ethan and Carter are playing, Ashton is either trailing after them or close by. It's really sweet to think ahead to the three of them running and playing together in the near future.
Often the boys will end up playing on top of the toy shelf so Ashton can't reach what they are playing with because he can be a little rough with their creations. Poor Ashton. :)
I walked into their room to find them playing school one day. As you can see, Ethan was very excited to tell me all about it! Then the creative juices got flowing and they decided they wanted their students to ride the bus. So they got an empty diaper box...
...and asked me to help them tape the "wheels" on to it. I don't know where they come up with this stuff!
So on a scary note, one afternoon while Ethan was at school, I put Carter in his room for rest time and went to go put Ashton down for his nap. While I was in there I heard a crash, but not so loud that I thought it was anything major. Well, I was prompted to go check on him anyway so I did. When I got in there I found Carter UNDER the dresser. And just to be clear, our furniture is HEAVY. I have a hard time moving this dresser on my own. All I could see were his little feet sticking out from under it like the Wicked Witch of the West on The Wizard of Oz. I was terrified. I rolled the dresser up on it's side and pulled him out. It was so scary. After a call to the pediatrician and a trip to the ER he was declared to be fine other than some scrapes on one of his shoulders. I can't believe how blessed we are that he was o.k. All I can guess is that he pulled a drawer out and was climbing on it to get to something on top. Boys.
AFTER I got home from the hospital I decided to snap a picture for Tristan to see because he was out of town...every time I see it I remember how scary it was to see him underneath that dresser.
Back to the fun stuff. Here's more evidence of Ashton wanting to play with the "big boy" toys....Look at that smile.
I love how they are posed exactly the same here. Carter definitely emulates Ethan a lot. He wants to do everything like Ethan.
Carter was sitting nearby holding his own Lincoln Log...just wanting in on the action.
The boys are often very good about including Ashton, so don't feel too sorry for him! ;) He loves to try to climb up Carter's toddler bed (now that the rail is up it's a little harder) and the boys want to help him do it.
And this big boy learned how to pull himself up to standing (about 8 months old here). I guess he figures, the sooner he learns all his big boy tricks, the sooner he can really be in on the action.
I love that they can be so sweet and play together and I especially love watching the younger ones watch and play with the older ones. The relationships between brothers is such a sweet thing to watch. I sure love our boys.
1 comment:
I love the wheels for the bus!
Post a Comment