You know summer is near when all of your boys end up out in the backyard wearing shorts and no shirts! The boys love living near the retention pond behind us because of all the frogs they find in our backyard--and the occasional salamander. Here is one of their friends. I had quite the time keeping Ashton from being a little too "friendly" with some of our amphibian friends. I think there may have been one casualty. Poor frogs.
We also love heading down to play in the river at the Hands on Children's Museum. It's a great way to cool off with friends and get out of the house on a warm day. They had a lot of fun floating their shoes down the river and chasing after them and then running back and doing it all over again.
Ashton loved wading around in the shallow, warm water.And splashing, too!
That's a lot of boys!
The Olympic Airshow is over Father's Day weekend each year. Since Tristan was working and it was REALLY hot, we did a mini version. I grabbed subs for us and we just sat in the back of the car while I ran some air conditioning occasionally. We didn't stay for as long as we usually do, but they still got to see a few cool planes!
Now that Ethan is in school, I really have learned to appreciate the transition into summer time and a more relaxed schedule with time to do things together as a family. But, of course, by the time summer ends I'm ready for the routine of school again! Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment